The EMxpert provides unique pre- and post-EMC compliance testing that images real-time emissions. EMxpert allows engineers to visualize the root causes of potential EMC and EMI problems.
During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterize, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing.
EMxpert allows board designers to pre-test and resolve EMC and EMI problems early on, thus avoiding unexpected EMC compliance test results.
EMxpert consists of a patented scanner and compact adaptor, and of a customer-supplied spectrum analyser and PC running EMxpert software. EMxpert diagnostic capabilities allow design teams to reduce testing time by more than two orders of magnitude. Users have also documented 50% reductions in design cycle times. This allows the design team to immediately analyse and compare design iterations.
Ideal PCB projects for EMxpert are boards designed for high speed, high power, and/or high density/complexity. The compact, flat scanner provide PCB design teams with an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and proven table-top solution.
- Frequency coverage 50 kHz – 4GHz (with selected options)
- Sensitivity -135 dBm to 35 dBm (dependant upon spectrum analyser performance)
- 1,218 (42 x 29) H field probes
- Probe spacing 7.5mm giving resolution of 3.75mm
- Easy to use and cost effective
- Reduces test duration by 100 times
- Design cycle time reduction of 50%