AMS-8041 Over-The-Air Test Lab
The ETS-LINDGREN AMS-8041 is a self-contained enclosure for making wireless device over-the-air performance measurements and passive antenna pattern measurement. The unit can be used for design verification, pre-certification, production sample testing, desense and regression testing. Rolling casters and the ability to pass through 0.9 x 2.1 m (3 x 7 ft.) doors, allow the unit to be readily moved between test stations.
The AMS-8041 is equipped with a Model 3165-02 dual polarized, dual Vivaldi array antenna for both linear and circular measurements over the frequency range of 400 MHz to 6 GHz. The antenna is mounted on a removable access panel at the top of the enclosure. The antenna can be interchanged with another antenna of a different frequency if needed. Two antennas are used for communication with the DUT.
The AMS-8041 is designed to provide an environment for relative OTA radiation performance of wireless devices. It can be used to measure approximate EIRP, EIS or RSSI in a given direction and polarization (DUTs are positioned with the included two axis positioner). These results can be used to compare the behaviour of multiple identical devices, or the same device under different conditions such as external interference or desensitization due to other platform components or radios. Additionally the AMS-8041 is capable of performing passive measurements.
- Two-axis DUT Positioner
- Shielded enclosure with RF anechoic lining, RF shielded door, casters
- One dual polarized measurement antenna, two multi-polarized communication antennas
- Connector Panel with Two SMA Connectors and Two Type N Connectors for I/O
- Ethernet fiber optic media converter
- RF cabling for measurement and communication antennas
- Two days on-site setup and general operating training
- EMQuest™ software